Residents living in and around Warwick can influence what the future priorities for their local area should be at a public meeting next week.
Warwick Community Forum will offer the chance for people to hear from, and speak to, their local Councillors, the Warwick Safer Neighbourhood Policing Team, officers from Warwickshire County Council, Warwick District Council and Warwick Town Council about policing and other priorities.
The meeting on Wednesday 24th June, the first public meeting of its kind in Warwick, is an opportunity to learn about Warwickshire Police’s Policing Pledge as well as influence other issues for the area.
Community Forums are an interactive event enabling residents to learn about big issues affecting their area, get answers to questions and influence local decision-making.
Anyone with a question about a local issue can go along and put it to officers from a range of organisations.
Councillor Gerry Guest, Chair of Warwick Community Forum, said: "I’d like to persuade as many people as possible to come along, and make the most of this chance to find out what is going on in their neighbourhood and have a hand in determining potential policy."
The meeting will be at 6pm on Wednesday 24th June at the Girls Marching Band Headquarters, Hampton Road, Warwick. People who live in the county council electoral divisions of Warwick North, Warwick West and Warwick South are encouraged to be there.
For more information about this forum please contact Bernadette Allen on 01926 456020 or go to http://www.warwickshire.gov.uk/communityforums.
Details of other forthcoming Community Forums and Safer Neighbourhood Panel meetings in Warwick District are below:
• Whitnash Community Forum – 6.30pm, Wednesday 1st July, Whitnash Community Centre, Acre Close, Whitnash. This is for people living in and around Whitnash.
• Rural West Safer Neighbourhood Panel Meeting – Time TBC, Thursday 23rd July, Lowsonford Village Hall. This is for people living in and around Bishops Tachbrook North & Warwick Gates, Bishops Tachbrook South, Hampton-on-the-Hill, Hatton & Hampton Magna, Sherbourne, Barford & Wasperton, Lapworth North, Baddesley Clinton & High Cross, Lapworth South, Bushwood, Lowsonford & Rowington, Wroxall, Hasely & Honiley, Leek Wootton, Guys Cliffe & Beausale.
Entities for this story
- Girls Marching Band Headquarters
- Lowsonford Village Hall
- Hampton Road
- Warwick West
- Warwick North
- Gerry Guest
- Bernadette Allen
- Warwick South
- Warwick Gates
- Baddesley Clinton
- Warwickshire County Council
- Warwick Town Council
- Warwick District Council
- Whitnash Community Centre
- Warwickshire Police
- 01926 456020
- the Girls
- Warwick District
- Warwick Community Forum