Community groups and voluntary organisations in Warwick District don’t need a treasure map to find the gold coins they need for their local projects…
They just need to get their bids in for a share of thousands of pounds worth of booty, according to Warwickshire County Council and Warwick District Council!
Grants of up to £3,000 are now available from the Community Forum Grant Fund… but time is running out for groups to get their applications in.
The Fund provides support for small-scale projects that meet community needs and contribute towards priorities identified by each community forum.
There are seven community forums across Warwick District, each made up of people and agencies who want to improve life in their local area. Everyone who attends their local community forum can have a say in how local grant money is spent.
The next round of Warwick District community forum meetings takes place throughout September and October, so applications for the grant fund need to be in very soon.
Meeting times and closing dates for applications are:
• Kenilworth Community Forum
Application deadline: already passed
Meeting details: 6th September, Kenilworth Upper School Hall, 7pm
• Whitnash Community Forum
Application deadline: 8th September
Meeting details: 29th September, Whitnash Community Centre, Acre Close, Whitnash, 7pm
• South Leamington Community Forum
Application deadline: 10th September
Meeting details: 4th October, Sydni Centre, Cottage Square, Off Marloes Walk, Sydenham, 6pm
• North Leamington Community Forum
Application deadline: 9th September
Meeting details: 7th October, St. Paul’s Church, Leicester Street, 6pm
• Warwick Community Forum
Application deadline: 17th September
Meeting details: 7th October, venue TBC, 6pm
• Warwick Rural East Community Forum
Application deadline: 30th September
Meeting details: 21st October, Bubbenhall Village Hall, 7.30pm
• Warwick Rural West Community Forum
Application deadline: 7th October
Meeting details: 28th October, Shire Hall Committee Room 2, 7.30pm
Applications will be assessed on a first come first served basis until all funds have been allocated in each of the forum areas.
Cllr Les Caborn, Deputy Leader of Warwick District Council, said: “I urge local community groups to take advantage of this and put a bid together for a share of the fund. Other groups have already benefited immensely from this."
Cllr Jose Compton, Chair of Warwickshire County Council, said: “Community groups in Warwick district have the opportunity to bid for significant funding to help them get their projects off the ground and pay for items that will benefit local people.”
Some examples of projects that have been funded through the Community Forum Grant Fund are:
• A grant of £2,382 was awarded by Warwick Community Forum to fund the installation of lighting near the POD at Priory Pools Park to improve safety and use of Youth POD.
• £500 was awarded by South Leamington Community Forum to the University of Warwick Students Union to run a Student Community Representative Scheme to encourage students to become active local citizens and good neighbours.
• North Leamington Community Forum awarded a grant of £5,000 to support the renovation of Crown Way Precinct and Wallsgrove Close in Lillington.
For more information or an application form, contact the Warwick District Community Partnership Team on 01926 456102 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application forms and guidance notes are also available to download at http://www.warwickshire.gov.uk/warwickarea.
Entities for this story
- Warwick Students Union
- Warwickshire County Council
- University of Warwick
- Warwick District Council
- Whitnash Community Centre
- St. Paul's Church
- Sydni Centre
- Community Forum Grant Fund
- Cllr Les Caborn
- Warwick Rural
- Cllr Jose Compton
- Deputy Leader
- Warwick District
- Kenilworth Upper School hall
- Cottage Square
- University of Warwick Students Union
- Bubbenhall Village Hall
- 01926 456102